There’s been a recent crimewave across Buckinghamshire, with would-be thieves stealing whatever they can get from cars parked on driveways, many have happened in the dead of night but some chancers are trying their luck in broad daylight.
While GateKraft can’t prevent such criminals from making these attempts we do know that there are reports which suggests that houses with automated driveway gates are much less likely to experience theft in such circumstances.
Our mission is to install driveway gates and railings to make your home more secure. We offer the complete package from initial consultation to discuss your gate requirements to gate design, gate manufacturing and gate installation of manual and automatic driveway gates to secure your home from unwanted visitors.
To ensure your home is secure from unwelcome visitors be sure to:
- check your garage, doors and windows are locked.
- never hide spare keys to your home within the grounds of your property, including in your car or garage.
- avoid having valuables visible for anyone to see through windows and doors.
- use timers and set your lights to come on if you are out after it gets dark.
- never check in or tag your location on social media, this can invalidate your insurance as it raises awareness to unscrupulous types that your home is empty.
Installing driveway gates can deter unwanted visitors from accessing your home or business. For more information about gate installation in and around Chesham, get in touch with GateKraft on 01494 611 111.
If the winter elements are taking their toll on your wooden gates, we, at GateKraft are here to offer some tips on how to deal with the very real effects of exposure to the elements.
Gate Maintenance Amersham
The key, as we’re sure you are aware, is ensuring your gates are consistently maintained, and the process of maintaining your wooden gates is easy as long as you routinely carry out these checks.
Maintain your wooden gates by:
- regularly wiping down your gates
- clearing away debris that collects along the bottom of your gates
- removing leaves and other debris that sticks to your wooden gates
- annually restaining your wooden gates to protect them from water damage
- being aware of the cleaning and maintenance requirements for the specific wood your gate is made from. The professionals that installed your wooden gates should offer you this information.
We recommend that you regularly inspect your wooden gates for:
- any exposed wood
- splits or cracks in the wood
- cracked or faded paintwork
- nails or screws that have come loose
Wooden Gates Amersham
Wooden gates will require more maintenance than metal gates, mainly due to the damage the weather can cause. At GateKraft, we use first class materials and offer clear and concise advice on the best ways to maintain the gates we install. We also offer servicing and maintenance packages to help extend the lifetime of your wooden gates and to help protect your investment.
If you’re looking for help with gate maintenance this winter get in touch with us here at GateKraft on 01494 611 111, we offer servicing and repairs at competitive costs.
This New Year the team at GateKraft are excited to announce the acquisition of IQ Gates in Amersham. This makes us responsible for the IQ Gates showroom in Amersham and from now we will be undertaking any work that they were previously accountable for.
If you are making a gate installation one of your 2018 projects, we believe you will be excited by the showroom in Raans Road, Amersham. Here’s a little look at what you can anticipate when you pay a visit to the showroom, there’s plenty of marvellous gate craft inspiration to feed your imagination for your own gate design.
Gate Installation Buckinghamshire
For GateKraft we feel the acquisition of IQ Gates merely strengthens our proposition to all our existing and future customers. As one of the only gate installation companies in Buckinghamshire to offer the complete package, we are pleased to offer you everything from initial consultation to gate design, gate manufacturing to gate installation, gate servicing to gate maintenance. If you are looking for gate installation services get in touch with GateKraft on 01494 611 111.