At GateKraft, we understand that everyone has different preferences when installing driveway gates. Wooden gates are a popular choice, but there are considerations to be taken that will help you identify whether wooden gates are the right option for your property. Here we consider the advantages and disadvantages of wooden gates.
Advantages of wooden gates:
- They can be painted or stained any colour to accomplish the look you require
- Wood is a very versatile material, allowing you to achieve a rustic or polished appearance
- It is a sustainable, natural material
- Often less expensive than wrought iron alternatives
- Wooden gates can be close boarded allowing for total privacy
Disadvantages of wooden gates:
- Wooden gates require consistent upkeep and maintenance
- They need repainting/restaining annually
- Gates with need regular treatment to protect from the elements and insects
For more information about wooden gates get in touch with GateKraft on 01494 611 111. We design, manufacture and install all types of gates in and around High Wycombe.
The entrance to your property is the first thing that is seen when visitors come to see you. Installing driveway gates and railings can increase the attractiveness and value of your property. Curb appeal aside, if you are considering installing driveway gates it is beneficial to be aware of the different types of gates available that are available to enhance your property’s security and the safety of those who reside within.
Driveway Gates High Wycombe
GateKraft can work with you to design the perfect gates to secure your property based on your taste and requirements. Here we have provided a variety of gates that will protect your home.
- They provide more room on your drive to park your car
- They are the best option if you have a sloping driveway
- They allow for a wider entrance to manoeuvre your car through
- They offer enhanced security as it’s extremely difficult to force sliding gates open
- They are unaffected by wind resistance
- There are two options bi-parting or single swing
- They are more economical than sliding gates
- They require less maintenance than sliding gates
- They offer a more traditional appearance
- They make less noise when opening and closing the gates
Wrought Iron Gates:
- They provide an old fashioned look
- They add elegance and sophistication to a property
- They are an extremely strong first line of defence against intruders
- They are a durable, long lasting investment
- They are simple to maintain
- They provide a more rustic appeal
- They add a touch of class to your property
- They enhance privacy
- They require maintenance to ensure lasting strength and beauty
- Hard or soft wood can be used depending on preference and budget
- They enhance the security of your home and safety of your family
- They provide convenient access via remote control or keypad
- They are robust, difficult for intruders to force open
- They can be made from wood or metal with a finish of your choice
- They increase the value of your home
- They enhance the look of your property
- They can be metal or wooden
- They provide an additional barrier from the outside world
- They can be automated at any time
GateKraft are always happy to discuss the best driveway gate options available to suit your property. Get in touch with us on 01494 611 111 for more information on driveway gates High Wycombe or to arrange an initial consultation for us to assess and discuss your requirements.
Wooden Driveway Gates High Wycombe
Wooden gates can provide security, privacy and add a feel of grandeur to your home. At GateKraft, we design, produce and install wooden gates in and around High Wycombe to satisfy all of these requirements. We manufacture gates in a range of woods including hardwoods – teak and oak – and softwoods – Scandinavian redwood or Cedar. All of which can be customised to suit your desired needs.
Gate Maintenance High Wycombe
While wooden gates often require more maintenance than their metal counterparts, there is a certain rustic charm that makes wooden gates a popular choice. At GateKraft, we guarantee high quality materials are used when we produce wooden gates and offer you advice on appropriate maintenance tasks and schedule to ensure the life span of your wooden gates is prolonged.
Gate Designer High Wycombe
If you’re unsure of what you would like your wooden gates to look like check out our gallery for design inspiration. Alternatively, a member of our team can work with you to draft a design based on ideas you have or inspiration you may have gotten from gates you have seen.
Automated Gates High Wycombe
Perhaps you have considered automating your wooden gates to increase ease of access via remote control or intercom. If you are undecided on automation, why not see how you get on with manual gates once installed. The decision to upgrade your gates to electric gates can be made at a later date, should you find the manual option proves less convenient for you.
Gate Installation High Wycombe
If you are looking to install wooden gates, get in touch with GateKraft on 01494 611 111 for a free, no obligation consultation and quote today. We are based in High Wycombe and install wooden gates across Buckinghamshire and surrounding counties.