At GateKraft, we understand that everyone has different preferences when installing driveway gates. Wooden gates are a popular choice, but there are considerations to be taken that will help you identify whether wooden gates are the right option for your property. Here we consider the advantages and disadvantages of wooden gates.
Advantages of wooden gates:
- They can be painted or stained any colour to accomplish the look you require
- Wood is a very versatile material, allowing you to achieve a rustic or polished appearance
- It is a sustainable, natural material
- Often less expensive than wrought iron alternatives
- Wooden gates can be close boarded allowing for total privacy
Disadvantages of wooden gates:
- Wooden gates require consistent upkeep and maintenance
- They need repainting/restaining annually
- Gates with need regular treatment to protect from the elements and insects
For more information about wooden gates get in touch with GateKraft on 01494 611 111. We design, manufacture and install all types of gates in and around High Wycombe.